Re: [OM] Macro lenses for astro work

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro lenses for astro work
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 02:14:20 EST

<< "Never use a macro lens for astrophotography since they are flat field
lens.
 While this is exactly what you want for macro photography it is exactly what
 you DON'T want for the stars."

 While I do not agree with this point of view, I thought I'd consult with
 this sage body before I make any response.  I recall George making some
 critical evaluations in star tests and found these two to be quite good.
 Opinions???

Is infinity curved or is is flat?  If it doesn't matter, then use whatever
lens has the least coma, aberrations, etc.

Warren Kato