Re: [OM] 2-4 screens (was: Focus Snap In)

Subject: Re: [OM] 2-4 screens (was: Focus Snap In)
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 00:22:45 -0800
>>> Oh, and I just discovered with my OM-2s, that the "Viewfinder Snap" is
>>> film dependent.  Kodachrome has better snap than E-6 films.  However,
>>> T-MAX gives absolutely no snap in the viewfinder.
>>
>>Is this some sort of joke? What effect could film have on your viewfinder?
>
>Yup, it has something to do with the thickness of the emulsions and their
>magnetic qualities in close proximity to the viewfinder eyepiece.  This is
>a very little understood phenomenon.  Perhaps Gary Schloss can elaborate.

Well, a quick phone call to agent Phox Smolder from the Ph.B.I. has... uhm,
"clarified the picture" (no phun intended :-)).  As it turns out, EKC is
under investigation for using alien DNA in its T-MAX emulsions.  In fact,
the "X" in T-MAX is a dead giveaway for an active X-files status.

I was relieved to learn that none of our beloved OM/Zuikos are suspect:
pls note -- no letter "X" anywhere(?) in the OM system.  However, Phox's
repeated denials of the existence of "Z-files" were utterly unconvincing.
Don't say you weren't warned! :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA