Re: 2-4 screens (was [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless)

Subject: Re: 2-4 screens (was [OM] Focus Snap In / Breathless)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:26:02 -0600
>> Oh, and I just discovered with my OM-2s, that the "Viewfinder Snap" is film
>> dependent.  Kodachrome has better snap than E-6 films.  However, T-MAX
>> gives absolutely no snap in the viewfinder.
>
>Is this some sort of joke? What sort of effect could film have on your
>viewfinder? Or are we talking about two different things?

Yup, it has something to do with the thickness of the emulsions and their
magnetic qualities in close proximity to the viewfinder eyepiece.  This is
a very little understood phenomenem that is related to stock market
fluctuations caused by who wins an Oscar.  Perhaps Gary Schloss, our
resident wordsmith, can elaborate.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography