Re: [OM] weak tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] weak tripods
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:27:39 -0800
Steve Roman, Champlin, MN <decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Perhaps others on the list would like to make some current recommendations
>for tripods to handle larger lenses? I've had a Leitz and a Star-D. Both
>are a little heavier and taller than a Bogen 3021/3221.

Hmm Steve, the solution may be in your back yard.  I hear that last week,
a group of whacky Minnesotans got together and came up with a new and
revolutionary tripod design.

The new tripod, tentatively named Bogey "The Body" Manthroatto, is 6'4",
weighs over 250 lbs, and is said to have an amazing ability to wrestle
with the weight/balance problems of any long range setup.  In fact, The
Body is said to be capable of literally choking any unwanted vibrations!

Pls check it out, and report back to us.
;-) ;-)

P.S.  And I thought that "Fargo" was just a movie... :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx