RE: [OM] Re:weak tripods

Subject: RE: [OM] Re:weak tripods
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 13:30:46 -0700
I've used the Manfrotto Art. 051 tripod (I *believe* the U.S. equivalent is the
Bogen 3051) with a number of different Manfrotto heads over the years, and have
always been very pleased with the results.  You can also get a carrying case
for the tripod (high-denier padded black nylon), which helps a great deal when
you're schlepping through the bushes ... or even when you're hauling it out of
your car and don't want all the little protuberances of the tripod to catch on
everything.

The tripod's a bit heavier, but it's always a tradeoff.  It's the minimum I
think I'd want to use as a portable setup.  I've looked at the Sliks (and their
ilk) for many years, and while I've liked some of the innovative features of
the heads, the actual 'pod itself has always left me cold.

Manfrotto/Bogen rocks.

Garth