Re: [OM] Stylus Epic, OM-1 vs 24/21

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic, OM-1 vs 24/21
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 02:44:52 EST

<< I looked at the 21/3.5 and 24/2.8. I loved both of these lenses, but the 24
is
 a SC version, and quite worn. The 21 is MC, but has a few cleaning marks on
the
 front element. If I can manage the cost, I will try for the 21 I think. Are
 there times when a 21 is too wide for landscapes?

I have the 18/3.5, 21/3.5 and 24/2.8 but the 21 is my favorite.  They are all
great but the 21/.35 has wonderful contrast in close up objects when set to
hyperfocal distance for maximum depth of field.  It matches the Modern Photo
tests that show high edge contrast.  The tests look like a fluke but in
reality do relate what the lens does. Thus this lens is ideal for
foreground/background photos like the big boys do with their 4x5s and their
tilting lens boards. It's one of my favorites for ocean and desert landscapes.

Warren Kato
wkato@xxxxxxx