Re: [OM] Foam & guarantees

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam & guarantees
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:25:23 +0100
Christopher

You would be wise to hold Jessops to their extended warranty, especially
given that you will probably have paid a fair amount for it.  The foam
makes the back light-tight and stops stray light from reaching the film
during exposure (making a light seal for the mirror).  Thus on fitness for
purpose grounds alone you have a case under the Sale of Goods Act.  I only
hope that there is no disclaimer clause in the contract for the extended
warranty!

However, Jessops have a good reputation which I am sure that they will be
keen to maintain.  If they cannot see the need to honour a contract, or
they have an exemption, a little letter to Amateur Photographer might help
them to reorganise their priorities.

Your nearest "Olympus-trained" repair shop is probably Luton - Luton Camera
Repairs, 49 Guildford Street, Luton, Beds, LU1 2NJ, 01582 458323 - or
Bristol - Luton Cameras Bristol, 17 West Street, Old Market, Bristol, BS2
0DF, 0117 955 0541.  I have used neither of these but they came from the
magazine of the Olympus Camera Club, based in Southall.

Regards and Welcome to the List

Chris