Re: [OM] A true story

Subject: Re: [OM] A true story
From: hinderks@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:17:01 -0800
At 12:03 PM 10/29/98 -0500, you wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, David Brown wrote:
>
>|This is a true story which I have just heard:
>|
>|During the summer a keen amateur photographer had their elderly but much
>|loved Olympus OM1n camera stolen while on holiday abroad.
Great story but this one actually happened to me a few years ago.

Kept my OM-1MD at the office. We got broken into and of course the camera
was stolen. Insurance company wouldn't go for a new replacement but they
did agree to a used OM-4 which I happily accepted.

But wait..... the story gets better.

Police in another Province, 9 months later recovered the OM-1 in a
pawnshop, let me know and I bought it back from the insurance company for
$100.00.

Sometimes fortune does smile on us.

Barry