Re: [OM] A true story

Subject: Re: [OM] A true story
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:54:34 -0800
On 29 Oct 98 at 11:49, *- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> > This is a true story which I have just heard:
> >
> > During the summer a keen amateur photographer had their elderly but much
> > loved Olympus OM1n camera stolen while on holiday abroad.
> >
> > On return they reported this loss to their insurance company. After a few
> > weeks a letter arrived from the company - "apparently the OM1n is not
> > available new, would they mind having an OM3Ti as the nearest possible
> > replacement instead"..........
> > No, it wasn't me (:

Too bad insurance rates have gone through the roof the last few years in
Canada. My house insurance now comes with a $500 deductible (keeping the old
$200 deductible would cost me $100/year more!), making small claims pretty
costly. ie: 500 + losing claims free discount = about $625!

I guess I need to stockpile some OM-1s before having my gear stolen... ;-)