Re[2]: [OM] A true story

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] A true story
From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:24:54 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 06:52:08 -0600, "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx> jammed all
night, and by sunrise was overheard remarking:

> The deductable is what eats you up.  Unless you have a major loss, you won't
> do very well.  An OM-10 will get replaced with an OM-2000.  Let's see, with
> a $250 deductable how much will the insurance company reimburse you?

Howeever, depending on your insurance company, you may want a specific
rider for your camera gear. I don't, but I have had this for jewelry and
computer gear. It wasn't all that expensive, and when I lost my Tag
Heuer diving watch at the gym (most likely stolen while I was in the
shower), I got full original value, no deductable. The computer gear is
treated based on replacement value, not original value (they're not
stupid to the ways of computer gear pricing), but again, no deductable
and there's an automatic coverage for some percentage of the total value
in software. If you have lots of camera gear, it couldn't hurt to
investigate this -- the basic homeowner's policies are really only
geared to catostrophic losses, not the "camera stolen at the beach" kind
of thing.

--
Dave Haynie  | V.P. Technology, Met@box Infonet, AG |  http://www.metabox.de
Be Dev #2024 | NB851 Powered! | Amiga 2000, 3000, 4000, PIOS One