Re: [OM] Crack on a winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Crack on a winder 2
From: "cpl49" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:27:33 -0600
<<If you cannot get the screw out.  Then you can just file off a fraction of
an
inch, 1/2 thread or so, of the end of the screw.  This should work.

Yep!
You could do that.
It's about 4 threads deep.
Or about 3 1/2 full turns.
I'm not the workshop type though.

WAIT!  What's this?
It backs out if you hold it in place!
Now let's see,  if I put this rubber thingy here....
YES!  No more worrying about losing it.

The post is shortened some, so I will stay with rubber for the compression.
It gets a deeper bite, about 2 3/4 full turns.

Uh Oh!
It swivels easier with it below the bracket.
There isn't much surface area on the thumb screw side.
You lose that 2 inches of surface.

Of course you could always glue a rubber strip right to the bracket, it's
padded already.
Or... Glue a strip to the bottom of the winder with appropriate cut out for
the socket.
Now, what kind of glue?

Charlie Loeven