Re: [OM] T32 TO LIGHT STAND

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 TO LIGHT STAND
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 07:37:37 -0600
Hi, Ken.

I've actually done this several times.  It's easy; just use any hot shoe or
cold shoe adapter that has a tripod screw in the bottom.  Just make sure
that the bottom surface of the mating shoe that the T-32 will fit into is
flat, as there is a little plastic "nubbin" in the bottom of the T-32 shoe
that must be pushed up by the shoe adapter when the two are mated.  Pushing
up the "nubbin" holds up the two auxiliary contacts in the bottom of the
T-32 shoe, preventing them from being shorted.  It does NOT hold up the
sync contact, however, so your best bet to avoid problems is to get hot
shoe adapters for the purpose, and connect the T-32s with the TTL cords.

All of the shoe adapters that I have seen are built this way, so you
shouldn't have a problem finding what you need.  The real problem is that
these shoe adapters are of toy quality, so don't expect them to stand up to
severe service.

Regards,

Mahlon