Re: [OM] M15V Nicad pack charging time? (and 300mm tripod ring)

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V Nicad pack charging time? (and 300mm tripod ring)
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 07:28:50 -0600
> Shipman 1987 says 4-5 hours for full charge.

This confirms my suspicions.  Obviously Olympus never put rapid-charge
cells in the Control Pack in the first place, which explains why they boil
away so much.  I'll just have to be careful about overcharging.

>>Also, I was fortunate to acquire a beauty of a Zuiko 300mm f 4.5,  Which
way
>>does the tripod ring fit onto the lens: red dot to the front, or to the
rear?
>Snip.
>Not sure on the red dot. But, the long end of the plate goes forward.  The
>older style had the tightening knob on the right (motor grip side) while
the
>newer ones has the knob to the left.

Based on your description, knob-on-the-left would seem to be the variety
that I have.  In my Lens Handbook from the purchase of my 50mm 1.4 waaaayyy
back in 1982, the picture of the 300mm lens shows the knob on the right,
which confused the dickens out of me.  Obviously, that lens (or at least
the tripod ring) is of the older variety.

Thanks for your help.

Mahlon