RE: [OM] Zuiko Zooms

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko Zooms
From: Jan Vantomme <jan.vantomme@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 18:54:40 +0200
>one of the reasons that prompted me to make the post (also, there's no info
>on the f/3.5 - 4.5 version)......

here is some info on the  3.5-4.5/35-70 :

a very positive test appeared in a Dutch magazine FOTO 9/86
I can't copy the resolution diagrams but here are the condensed results :

resolution            in lp/mm
                      center          edge

wide open             90              80
at 5.6                100             85-90
at f/8                120-130         90-95
at f/11               115-125         90
at f/16               90              70-75

contrast is already very good wide open; still improves at f/5.6 ,to
decline at f/11 - f/16 as usual.

distortion : light barrel at 35mm; very small at other settings.

light construction : 190g

I had one for several years and was very pleased with it, especially when
you have to travel light.  One of my kids uses it now on his OM10.

hope this can help!

Jan