Re: [OM] multiple flash

Subject: Re: [OM] multiple flash
From: Ralph Nitschke <Ralph_Nitschke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:01:30 -0700
> Yes - this is a quick and cheap way to get a multiple TTL flash setup -
> the T32 connected to a TTL cord in the TTL cord connector of the OM-4
> (or 2Sp?), and mounted on a tripod, can be your main flash
> (diffuser/wide angle adapter recommended in case of portraits) and the
> T20 directly mounted on the hot shoe can be a fill flash; just watch
> out for the red eye problem with this setup - the flash extender helps.
> Keep both flashes to TTL. Both flashes to Normal Auto or Manual is of
> course also possible, but this complicates things unnecessarily. You
> can reduce the effect of the T20 fill flash by taping (multiple layers
> of) semitransparent paper on it.
>
> Hans

I just read an article in the November issue of "Shutterbug" titled 'A
Studio in your Camera Bag' which described the process of using multiple
flashes for portraits.

I currently have a 4Ti, a T32 and an F280 and only a short TTL cord to
connect the T32 to the Bounce Grip 2.  In order to do a three flash setup
(one at the rear for hairlight, one at 45 degrees and one from the front,
either on or off the hot shoe) would you recommend adding two more T32's or
T20's and can the F280 be used at all in this setup?  Also, what would I
need in the way of TTL cables and splitters?

Oh, and one last question - Hans mentioned using a "diffuser/wide angle
adapter recommended in case of portraits".  When adding diffusers or
umbrellas with TTL/OTF do I have to worry about calculating the flash
strength or exposure?

Thanks,

Ralph