Re: [OM] Please advise on MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Please advise on MC
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 01:00:08 +0000
Richard

I am perfectly satisfied with my lenses, except for one.

All but the one are MC.  The exception is a 50mm f1.4 which is SC.  I
was not terribly happy with this lens as I thought it gave
inferior contrast and was not as sharp as an MC f1.8 I used to have.
I am now even happy with the f1.4 as it is now my slide loupe.

I replaced it with a 50mm f1.2 which I am very happy with.

I became interested in picking MC leses from SC when I was in an
acquisition phase and actualy buying lenses.  I did not see a reason
for acquiring an SC lens when there is an MC version.  A bit like
Kens argument for wanting an F5 instead of his 2SP  ;-)

Giles