Re: [OM] Please advise on MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Please advise on MC
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:17:11 -0600
At 09:59 AM 10/13/98 -0400, The Searcher, also known as Jason
(hopi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

[snip]

>I know there has been much discussion of multi-coating lately, and forgive
>me if I haven't absorbed it all, but I would like to know if the new,
>black-painted (not chrome-ringed) Zuikos are multi-coated regardless of
>whether or not there is an "MC" in their label.

It's not a hard-and-fast rule.  I have a 300/4.5 which is definitely
black-nosed and also single-coated (no green reflections under specular light
source).  For better info on single-versus-multicoating, consult the Olympus
FAQ at

   http://www.astro.wellesley.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq

where many of the oft-repeated questions on this list have already been
answered.  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/