Re: [OM] Wireless releases - home brew?

Subject: Re: [OM] Wireless releases - home brew?
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 08:25:35 GMT
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:39:34 +1000, "Terry and Tracey"
<foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Some comments on your wish list:
>>1. The transmitter is often small enough, but the receiver is always
>>rather big. One exception: The readymade Ricoh sets do have a small
>>receiver too. But they are only to be used with winders, not motor
>>drives (different polarity) and their reach is limited to about 10-15
>>meters.
>

>Does the motor drive socket require voltages? The winder just shorts between
>the terminals. Does the Ricoh unit have transistor or fet switching?
>
>Foxy

I never disassembled one, Foxy, so I wouldn't know about the Ricoh
unit having FET or transistot switching (BTW, I think it was for
shotmaster cameras). I do know they do not use a safer relay switch,
like the Polaroid sets do.

The motor drive units do not require voltages, and only have to be
shorted the same way the winders do. But the polarity of the internal
voltage on the socket is different. The winder and motor drive 1 are
the same, the MD-2 is different, AFAIK.

The Ricoh unit also gives a voltage, and this interferes badly with
the MD-2 one. I just tried if it would work, and the motor drive 2
started running without the transmitter being activated.... I was
happy it survived. The winder worked fine. I didn't try on a MD-1.

Frank van Lindert.