Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 12:26:09 -0500
At 12:59 PM 10/3/1998 +0000, Simon wrote:
>Joel wrote:
>
>>"Jap" is quite offensive in some parts of
>>the world.  I believe you intended it with both affection and respect.
>
>Please excuse my ignorance on this matter.  I certainly did, the same way as
>I'd say "Brit" bikes or "Aussie" beer.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why
>this is the case?

My apologies to the list. I had intended my response to go privately to
Simon, and now I have joined the ranks of Oly Dudes Who Pushed the Wrong
Button. I've answered Simon's question in private as best I can.  The last
thing I wish to do is extenuate an OT thread that is so far out there by
now that according to the Theory of Relativity it's about to come back again.

Cheers,

Joel