Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: warm beer, and bikes
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:06:39 -0700

>Sorry, this is nothing but blind prejudice.  Japanese bikes are engineered
>to a level not known on any other - British, Italian or American.
>Disposable is the last word I'd use.  Try asking dealers about reliability,
>warranty recalls etc, you may be suprised.  Check despatch riders'
>workhorses too.

   I'm sorry too, but I've been riding motorcycles fot 22 years, and Japanese
 bikes are disposable. The best they've done was the old Honda 550's (sometimes
 100,000), and 770's (sometimes 80,000). I know of only one (one bike that
is, a 750) that got any better longivity than that. As I said before, a 70's
Japanese bike is pretty rare, 60's, a collectible, a 50's a museum piece.
Unlike American, British, or German
than span many decades.
  I've owned all three, American, European, and Japanese. I was once givin a
 Honda 750. I turned around and gave it to another friend, who in turn gave it
 to someone else. The LAST honda in my garage was wheeled out and had a "free"
 sign put on it.
   Each to his own.

                                              Brad