Re: [OM] shift/tilt, anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] shift/tilt, anyone?
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:57:11 -0700
I originally thought the same thing, and had written a somewhat long reply
when I realized Jan was - I think - looking at macor applications of the
tilt/shift functionality, not a 35mm view camera.

I have a full movement bellows for my Mamiya M645 for macro work.  It is
remarkable how much difference a few millimeters makes in obtaining more
image control.  But forget focus at infinity.

John P

wbiesele <wbiesele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Seems like there is another problem with this idea. Putting the lens
on the bellows will prevent focusing at anything very far away
(typically under a foot depending on the length of the lens). Since
tilt and shift are usually used for architecture shots and such would
hacking be very useful if it worked?

William Biesele
http://www.wolsi.com/~wbiesele/