Re: [OM] Oly OM System

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly OM System
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:44:30 -0500
<<No, Leica hasn't thrown in the towel. How
many R bodies has Leica introduced since the OM4T? They continue to
introduce new products at a furious pace. The R8 is pretty new. Last year,
the Leica M6 .85. At Photokina, an M6 with TTL flash. _Several_ lenses a
year. This year, the M-series vario-Elmar, a 90 Summicron-M Asph, etc.,
etc>>

I think Leica could sustain a good business just on collectors.  That is
probably why they keep coming up with these cameras and lenses.  Collectors
must have everything.
I remember this from the days when my uncle worked at willoubys  (sp?) in
NYC. mid 70's.  He had a book of customers from around the country that
bought it all.
They were not photographers and probably never touched the stuff.

I hear a lot about Leica on this list.  Do they have a system such as OM?

Charlie Loeven