Re: [OM] Multi connector Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Multi connector Question
From: Wiliam.Wagenaar0.000000E+00DSKSGNETHERLANDS0.000000E+00DSNETHERLANDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:16:09 +0100
Charlie Loeven wrote:
>-----
>I have been pondering of late, the need for a multi connector.
>My question is this, how well does the t-32 and t-20 work in unison for
>portrait
>type lighting?  This would be done with an OM2 on full TTL auto.
>
>What is the ratio of the two units?
>If I used 2 t-32's would I still get ratio lighting.
>
>I can't make tests because I don't have the multi connector or a t20
>connector.
>I do have the cables needed.  I paid $35 for a long cable at a camera
store
>and then found one in a show for $5 (my contribution to the deals of the
>week thread).
>Of coarse I have the short one.  I don't know how much I paid for it.
>
>I suspect that the answers are of the it depends type.
-----
Charlie:

I Use two T32's for portraits witch OM2n at full TTL auto (Of course with
all cables attached to te multi-connector) This setup works fine for me. I
also use umbrellas to soften the lighting. This costs a lot of power
however. The only way to vary the lighting ratio's of the both flashes is
to place the flashes (and umbrellas) at different distyances from the
subject. I would love to add a T45 for the extra power and the different
lighting ratio's that will be possible thenm because of the differences in
output. I am not completely sure about the use of T-series flashes with the
OM2(no n) Maybe someone can update me on this.

At an Olympus club meeting in The Netherlands I once even made
model-photo's with 4 T32 flashes and 1 T20 attached. 1 T32 on the body
(off, but used to connect to the cable) and the others put in umbrella's.
The picture was nicely lit this way.

With same subject distances the lighting ratio's between T20, T32 and T45
are simply 20, 32 and 45

Hope this helps,
Wiliam
BTW: Are you Dutch originally? Loeven sounds so and the spelling of your
first name is quite uncommon outside the Netherlands.