Re: [OM] Multi connector Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Multi connector Question
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:17:43 -0500
<<I control the lighting ratio two different ways when using the
multi-connector.  The first is to use like flashes and adjust distance -
this is the easiest.  Just move the fill flash farther away.    >>

The easiest and least pleasing.  There is little control over the final
effect.

<<The other is to use the ND or diffusion filters from the T-32 filter kits.
 Now, distance can me equal and the filter takes care of the ratio. >>

ND's sound like the best way to go.  The source stays the same,and is
controllable.

<< With a T-20 and a T-32, you should get a 1:3 ratio with both units at the
same distance.>>

This was the main reason for my question. 1:3 works for me.  Thanks.

<<A few tests with a reliable flash meter and a compact tape measure are all
you need.  Once you have the distances worked out, its pretty easy to get
any ratio you want in the field just by moving one flash unit in or out>>

I believe the tests should be done with film in the camera to get the
correct OTF reading which will control the flashes output.  It seems to me
that if I do a meter reading using OTF exposure as a source,  then each
flash unit will give a different reading alone than when they are both on,
which would be an accumulated reading. Tricky if the source is controlled by
the camera.
I think I like the 1:3 option and the ND filters.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie Loeven

.
<<John P>>