Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:59:18 -0500
     William Sommerwerck wrote:

     > This lens also had a GN coupler. You set the guide number of your
     flash
     > on the lens, and when the coupler was engaged, the lens opening
     > automatically varied as you focused the lens -- automatic flash
     exposure
     > from a manual flash.

     That's a surprise to me.  Olympus never mentioned this feature in any
     of their brochures, even the dealer info. notebook I have.  Seems to
     me that with such a unique feature, Olympus should have marketed it
     better.

     Also, another unique feature of this lens is the close focusing to
     0.3m.  This gives you a field of view of 12 x 18 cm.  This is a
     smaller field of view than any other non-macro Zuiko lens.

     Bill Rice