Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm Zuiko
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 06:16:45 -0400

The Pentax ME and MX models with the 40mm pancake lens I believe are smaller
than an OM1 with the OM 40mm lens.   I think the Pentax M series bodies are
slightly smaller than the OM bodies 1 and 2 bodies, albeit they came out years
later.   (Someone can confirm or refute this.  I remember, I think, at the
time that people thought, yes, OK the Pentax ME is smaller than the OM2,  but
the ME does not have a shutter speed dial....  but I think the MX and ME Super
are full featured.)>>

Years ago before my Oly conversion I had a Pentax MX as well as an ME. The
MX was a tiny bit smaller, and what I liked about it over the OM1 was that
the meter read out with LEDs instead on needles. Having dropped lesser
cameras to find that it killed the needle, I thought it was time to upgrade
<g>. The MX was indeed intended to be a full system camera, with both
winders and a motor drive, although I don't think the depth of the system
ever approached Oly.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com