Re: [OM] OM-2s meter question...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2s meter question...
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:01:56 GMT
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:49:41 -0800, Dan wrote:

>In any case, I beleive the meter, and the resulting shutter speed are not
>in agreement with each other.  For an example, I set the camera to ISO/ASA
>100, then put my f/1.8 50mm lense on it.  With it in 'AUTO' mode, I pointed
>to a wall that is pretty uniformly lit, but certainly would be considered
>dark for 100 film.  The meter reads 1/125 which seems wrong, but when I
>take the picture, the shutter seems to stay open for a seconds or so -
>which seems to be correct given the lighting.  The dissagreement seems to
>be consistant.  When I move to a darker wall, the meter does go down, but
>then the shutter stays open longer.

It just might be a dirty "ASA resistor" (the variable resistor that's
controlled by the ASA / exposure compensation knob). Try operating
this knob a few times just before you test. If the problem then seems
to disappear for a while, that's probably it. No doubt John H. will
also respond to this, if he hasn't already :-)
--
John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)