Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Reciprocity failure and Olympus auto exposure
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 21:35:19 +0200
Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I occasionally feel wounded (OK, not really) by anti-Nikon comments, but in
> this context I have realized that *my* Nikon system has very little in
> common with chip-driven modern systems. Among Nikon users there are many,
> many individuals who prefer manual systems.  They are very much like Oly
> users and there is still an incredible cornucopia of lenses and bodies for
> them to choose.
>
> So in this context, this sometime Nikon user is really more sympathetic to
> the manual camera crowd, whether shooting Oly or Nikon. Still, I don't see
> how any reasonable person would not agree with you that because some people
> don't bother to learn to use their gear, the gear is somehow the problem. I
> don't blame Panasonic when I visit someone and their VCR is blinking "12:00."

Joel,

When I am a little sarcastic against Nikon, Canon and Minolta users I always
mean
the auto people with new stuff. I have been stamped on so often because I use
the
Olympus OM system I feel it is just fun too make a bit fun of the auto people.
Yes, it is a kind of "giving back".
Not too long ago I did the same in a Swedish usenet photo group, making a
sarcastic comment of some new Canon "super-auto" thing (The comment was that one
now could lie on the back sleeping and the camera did everything for you, and
something like "the brain is already for no use". Was I popular? Not at all!! I
heard comments like I was afraid to new technology and even that I am using
Netscape Comm. 4.03 instead of 4.5 beta1.). So I like to be sarcastic and I feel
safe here... ;-)

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen