Re: [OM] PhotoCD quality problem

Subject: Re: [OM] PhotoCD quality problem
From: "Mr. C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:32:47 -0700
JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>      Well I can see that the problem is caused by the operator whom scanned
>      your slides. Upon scanning each individual slide, he must ensure that
>      the image (color , brightness, contrast)is adjusted as close as the
>      original. Or it could be that the scanner / monitor is not properly
>      calibrated.
>
>      Sebestian,
>      How about your monitor, is it calibrated?
>      Maybe you can contact Kodak for advise to your poorly scanned images.
>
>      jim/Singapore

I just worry whether they will do any hand adjustment, here in HongKong,
the price for scanning one roll (36) of neg. is just around 10US when
you do the processing there. The low price is due to nearly everyone who
have a computer will get a flatbed scanner if they would like to do
picture editing themselves. The price of a 300dip flatbed is less than
US100, they will not bother with any expensive service. Most of them are
casual users, they will not notice the different between a good quality
film scan and their cheap flatbed.

C.H.Ling