Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:03:03 +0800
> Er... Current CCD technology uses 10-micron pixels, i.e., 100 pixels to
the
> millimeter = 50 lines per millimeter.  Although some Zuiko lenses are
> appreciably better than that, it's not an unreasonable match.
>
> Did you think CCDs were inherently 640x480 just because the cheap ones
are?
> Even those have 10-micron pixels -- on a 6.4 x 4.8-millimeter chip!
>
> The digital OM-5 should of course have a 2000 x 3000-pixel array, like
> Nikon's best.

It is very nice to have an OM-5 with 2000x3000 pixel, but I'd like it to be
seen on an OM-6. I think I can't afford the price of a digital camera like
the Nikon (over US10,000 I think). But I am sure I will consider to get an
OM-5 with 1000x1500 pixel selling at 1000-1500 range. Then few years later
an OM-6 with the same price range for me to upgrade.

C.H.Ling