[OM] Junk

Subject: [OM] Junk
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:42:01 EDT
My local shop had their annual summer "Junk Sale" today. My take:

Winder 2, rate it about a 7+ or 8-. Works fine, some missing paint (with
working batteries, no less!)
Spare battery clip for Winder 2
(4) original Oly body caps
(4) original Oly rear lens caps
M Grip Cord 1 (I think its an original Oly - it was loose, but looks and works
like one)
Camera Grip 1 (new in bag)
TTL Multi connector
Rokunar 49mm linear polarizer (new in box)
no-name 49mm lens cap (alas no Oly lens caps)
(2) Cokin filter holders, with covers and 49mm and 52mm rings
Cokin "Double Exposure" filter
Cokin modular hood
Hoya 49mm UV filter
Hoya 49mmm close-up lens (+4)
Zuiko 50/1.8 - not good for much... lots of spots on the glass, sticky
diapghram
generic hard lens case, new in box with strap (holds my new-to-me Zuiko 2x-A
quite nicely)
(6) assorted photo albums
4x6 brass picture frame

My cost for the whole lot... $23

They had another Winder 2 that was really ugly - looked like it had been
opened and glued back together. Seemed to work OK, though. (I just took the
battery clip out of it :-)). A bettered up T20 as well - heavily cracked case.
There were loads and loads of body and rear lens caps as well. I stopped at 4
sets...

Does anyone else have a local shop that does this kind of thing? I read with
interest Herb Keppler's column in the October issue of Pop Photo - a place
called Porter's Camera store selling their junk "grab-bag" style at $9.95 per
bag. Personally, although I like a surprise just as much as the next guy,
prefer being able to scrounge through the rubble (and rubble is an appropriate
word - a lot of the stuff was real ugly!).

To those of you here in the States - have a great holiday weekend and shoot
lots of film!

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI