Re: [OM] Re: Beattie Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Beattie Screens
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:41:40 GMT
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:31:23 -0500, Greg Heier wrote:

>I prefer matte with split image. I have never found the microprism to
>have any value at all, though I can (and do) live with it -- most of my
>bodies have 1-13 screens :).

Exactly my feelings. The best screen I've ever used, though, is the one in
my dad's Canon T-70 (alas, not an OM). It seems to be clear, yet focussing
with it is extremely easy - the image just snaps into focus. Compared to
that, the rather coarse "grain" of most OM screens makes focussing real
hard.  I tried a 1-5 (clear) screen because of that T-70 experience, but it
does not give me the same effect on my OM-2 and 2-n.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx