RE: [OM] OM4 (TTL) flash capabilities

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4 (TTL) flash capabilities
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 05:41:41 -0400
>If I understand you well: you are saying "use normal auto" -
>where - on flash? Does it mean the dedicated module (I'm saying about
>Metz flash with dedicated OM shoe) switches the camera to 1/60 only in
>case of TTL mode?

I was referring to the "Normal Auto" position on the Olympus T series
flashes. This is Olympus' name for computer flash (uses a sensor in the
flash rather than TTL). Computer flash (which is non-dedicated flash)
surely will be present on your Metz flash. I'm not familiair with any
dedicated Metz flash, how it interacts with the camera in Auto mode; it
probably sets the camera to 1/60, with the flash operating in any mode.
So for slower speeds set the camera to manual and forget TTL flash.

Hans