Re: [OM] OM4 (TTL) flash capabilities

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 (TTL) flash capabilities
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 06:05:54 -0400
Artur wrote:

>I have the second question concerning OM4 flash capabilities: using
>dedicated flash the camera is automaticaly switched into 1/60s shutter
>speed. Can this setting be overriden (for slower speed)?

It seems that you can achieve this on an OM-2n by putting tape on the
flash ready pin of the TTL Auto Connector (can't remember if this is
the left or right one). Anyway, I tried this once on my OM-4 (not the
Ti) and it didn't seem to work. Use Normal Auto; set the camera to
manual 1/30 or slower (tripod!) and adjust the aperture (one stop
slower than the flash setting).

>And next question concerning the TTL mode: is the exposure compensation
>setting taken into account measuring light (OTF I think)? I mean I have
>ISO 100 film and I would like to set -1/3 exposure compenstaion to
>achieve little underexposure. Is this working?

Yes; this is the only way to get proper TTL/OTF flash exposures when
taking pictures of people in large dark places where there is no
reflection from white ceilings or walls (-1 or -2 compensation,
depending on framing) or a person standing in front of a white wall (+1
or +2).

Hans