Re: [OM] FS: OLYMPUS 18mmF3.5 MC Zuiko Lens **NEW** on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: OLYMPUS 18mmF3.5 MC Zuiko Lens **NEW** on eBay
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:16:47 -0500
What I want to know is why ANYBODY would have a lens such as this that has
never been used.  What a waste.

I guess Zuikos are becomming like bottles of wine.  There are years and
vintages that you will never open, but keep forever for whatever purpose.
Doesn't matter if the contents have turned to vinigar or not.

If this lens has never been used, how do we know that it even works????
There could be a reversed element inside, for all we know.  As romantic as
it is to purchase a "unused" lens, I'd rather get my equipment that is worn
a bit so I at least know that it has actually been used and produces fine
results.

Ok, off of soapbox...

Ken N.