Re: [OM] Received the 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Received the 100/2.8
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:21:28 -0700
Ingemar,

I have a couple of lenses I purchased for a "bargin" price that have a few
blemishes.  One in particular has two small marks on the rear element.  The
marks are clearly visible on inspection of the lens but do not affect the
photos any that I can tell, and I've looked for it.  Another has major
cosmetic blemishes externally.  Sometimes it bothers me this lens is kinda
ugly looking, until the photos come back.  Terrific little piece of glass
:).  So I accept it and keep shooting.  The key difference however is, in
both cases, the seller told me about these marks in advance.  I accepted it.
There was no surprise.  Given your circumstances, I would return the lens
without hesitation.  It was apparently represented as more than what it is.

Re: multiple sends - laugh it off.  It happens to everyone, many times for
reasons unknown to any humans, but only to mail servers themselves.  No
apology needed.

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.

Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wondered: