Re: [OM] Received the 100/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Received the 100/2.8
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:10:39 -0800
Ingemar Uvhagen wrote:

>I have received the Zuiko 100/2.8 but I am not too jolly about it. [...]
>What bothers me is that the glass just behind the front glass have some
>dust on it. No one of my other lenses has this, so I am not sure how
>this would effect a photo.
>I am fussy about lenses so maybe you all think I am overreacting.
>I wonder if any of you have any suggestion on what I should do.

IMHO, a minor amount of dust in a telephoto lens will have no effect
on the quality of your picts.  (If it's no dust, but fungus then the
problem may get worse with time).

If you were granted an inspection period, give this lens a try, and
compare the results with an identical but perfect lens (maybe you can
borrow one somewhere), or with a "close relative" -- a Zuiko 135/2.8
should do nicely.  IMHO, you will be pleasantly surprised, as the
100/2.8 is known to exceed its owner's expectations. :-)

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx