Re: [OM] T20 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 Question
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:38:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/98 8:11:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Tried it yesterday with a T32. It seems to me that when the OM-4 is in
 Auto mode, it completely ignores *any* setting of the panel and always
 uses TTL mode: wether the panel is set at TTL Auto side, Manual 32,
 Manual 16, the three Normal Auto settings, or completely removing the
 panel - it doesn't seem to matter at all: the viewvinder marks the 1/60
 speed, flash ready light goes on, the flash doesn't fire when available
 light yields any faster speed than 1/60, and when the flash fires in a
 valid range the flash OK light blinks on the flash and in the
 viewfinder.
 So Manual or Normal Auto is only available with the camera set to
 manual, and shutter speeds of 1/60 or longer selected.

I would still imagine that if you were set to manual 16 you would have only
the reduced power available? Also, if set to the normal auto modes I think you
would see the behavior described whether the camera quenched the flash or the
internal sensor did. It may just get shut off by whichever sensor (flash or
camera) decides first that there's enough exposure.