Re: [OM] Airport detectors

Subject: Re: [OM] Airport detectors
From: "tinkerer" <tinkerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:10:33 -0700
For as long as I've been flying, removing lens caps to look through them has
been a common practice.  Each of them.  One at a time.  The more gear I
carry, the more intense the scrutiny.  As a frequent flyer, I appreciate the
completeness of the security personnel - the butt they save may be mine.

Airport security continues to tighten.  I now make sure I have no film in
the camera anymore.  Last trip (to Toronto, Ontario Canada - in February,
bbrrrrrrrr) the security person asked to see the contents of the bag.  Sure,
no problem, glad to accomodate.  She holds the camera (OM-4T with 35-80
zoom) removes the lens and caps to peer through it then POPS OPEN THE BACK!
I about lost it.  But, as a seasoned traveller, I remembered she is doing
her best to protect me and my fellow passangers from the world's lunatics,
so I choked it down and thanked her.  Forgiven but never forgotten.  I also
put my film in my pockets.  That way, they go into the little tray along
with my pocket change.  No problem with fogging, just baggy pockets :).

John P
My Grandfather taught me to live by two rules.  Rule #1:  Don't tell folks
everything you know.