[OM] Airport detectors

Subject: [OM] Airport detectors
From: JWHays@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 17:44:32 EDT
Recently I have had  a new twist at domestic airport security check points.  I
carry 2 Oly cameras and assorted lenses, flashes, etc in small Tamrac backpack
as a carry on. The last 2 flights, as the backpack moves through the bag
check, the operators eyebrows have raised and the next thing you know they are
asking me what's inside and I am at the table openning the backpack up for
them to examine. One of the guards even had me take off the caps so he could
look through the camera. It can't just be that they all have become
conoisseurs of fine Oly camera equipment, can it?  Is it all the wonderful
metal construction? Is a common experience for you? Its new to me.

John