Re: [OM] OMitis and OM service in Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] OMitis and OM service in Australia
From: "Peter Davies" <davies@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:42:46 +1000
Hi Stuart,

I've had a OM1n repaired at the Camera Clinic, a OM2sp repaired at Gunz
(Olympus importers) and a mirror reglued at Hemut Brix and each one of
them did a good job.  Email me privatly if you need the addresses or
further info

Peter Davies

Peter Davies Ba Apps Sci Apps Geol  Grad Dip Comp
Analyst Programmer/Geologist
Information Technology Services
Tel:  +61 3 9925 3614

>>> "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 08/11 8:33 am >>>

Hello All Oly list members,

I need help.

I have just bought my 7th OM body.

And have just decided I need to replace 4 of my other OM bodies.

Of course I could not sell them,  so it looks like I am going to end up
with
11 OM's.

For a few months I have been looking around for an OM 1 or OM 2,
checked
out most of the camera shops.  Here they sell for between $250 and
$600!!
AUD.  A bit out of my league.   Well on the weekend I found a OM 1n md
in a
pawn shop.  It was covered in grime, and the meter was dead.   they
were
asking $175AUD,  but I bargained them down to $130 AUD, about $80 USD.
 The
camera came with a mint condition( Once all the crud was cleaned off)
Multi
Coated 50 f1.4  so I assume it is of a fairly recent vintage.    The
back
has a bit of foam rot but the internals are absolutely perfect.   In
fact I
woud say the previous owner never took the lense off, not one speck of
dust
or even scratches on the mount.   The slow speed shutter times are a
bit
slow, and I will need to get it refoamed. I replaced the battery and
the
meter is spot on.

Well I started with OM 10's went to OM 20's Then came the 2000 and now
the
OM 1n.    I really like the feel of the OM 1, so much so that I am
going to
spend $120 getting the thing CLA'd.

So this leads to a question,

Does anyone on this list know of a service centre in Melbourne
Australia
that I can trust with the OM1?

Is this the sort of camera that any camera mechanic can service or
should I
hunt around for a  service person with Oly credentials.   (Pity John H
isn't
moving to Australia)

Stuart Goggin