Re: [OM] OMitis and OM service in Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] OMitis and OM service in Australia
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Aug 98 09:40:24 +1000
Cc: sgoggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--- Begin Message ---
Subject: [OM] OMitis and OM service in Australia
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Aug 98 18:09:14
Stuart,

I'm not sure about the situation in Melbourne, but you could try calling R.
Gunz Photographic, the Australian distributors of Olympus for info:

- (02) 9935 6600

Before he gave it to me, my father had the meter in my OM1 recalibrated (or
something).  He went to a local chain store, who sent it off for repair and
it was done perfectly.  Only problem is I'm not sure where they sent it,
sorry - you might ask your local store where they would send a repair.  BTW
when this happened, my dad didn't list the leatherette strap (which had been
attached to the body for almost 20 years) on the form as an accessory.  When
it came back it had a nylon one attached :(  I boycotted the shop for ages,
but I went back a couple of weeks ago out of interest, hunted through the
second-hand box of old ERCs, straps etc., and found a perfect Oly
leatherette strap for $3 (Of course I'm not sure who swiped it in the first
place)

Cheers

Andy