[OM] Marc Simon's trip

Subject: [OM] Marc Simon's trip
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:44:40 EDT
Hi all:

I had the pleasure of meeting OM List member Marc Simon and his son Gunther on
their Las Vegas stop-over to their whirlwind SW US trip.  I got caught up on
their travels at the world famous Carnival World Buffet at the Rio.  (It is
world famous, no?)  Marc has found his 24 mm to be his most used lens in these
parts, as did Ulf and I this past spring.  I'm sure he will fill us in on his
return, but he much prefered the North Rim of Grand Canyon to the South Rim.
Too many people at the latter.  It sounds like the North Rim, Joshua Tree
N.P., Bryce Canyon N.P., and Zion N.P. have been his favorites.  We warned him
about Lake Havasu City and the London Bridge ("not so grand"), but at least
the heat there has him ready to continue on through Death Valley and the
Sierra Nevada's.

Their most notable observation about Las Vegas:  the free parking!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV