Re: [OM] Marc Simon's trip -- an update

Subject: Re: [OM] Marc Simon's trip -- an update
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 11:14:33 -0800
Gary Reese wrote:

>I had the pleasure of meeting OM List member Marc Simon and his son on
>their Las Vegas stop-over, [...] on their travels at the world famous
>Carnival World Buffet at the Rio.
[snip]

Our Belgian world travellers -- Marc and the young Quentin, finally made
their way back to LA-la land, and I had the distinct pleasure of meeting
them both and accompanying them to a delicious dinner at an authentic
Mexican restaurant (no, it was NOT a T*co B*ll, you cheapskates! :-)) --
complete with hot salsas, cold Corona beers, a live mariachi band, and
even some lambada dancing. (Hercule Poirot would be shocked, shocked!!!
But I'm sure even he would approve of the food quality at this joint :-)).

Good time was had by all, although Marc and I had to severely limit our
discussion on photography, due to Simon Jr.'s complete lack of interest.
(Hmm, and I thought that Zuikoholism, or at least being a camera bug,
was a genetically inherited condition... :-))

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx