[OM] Can't we all get along?

Subject: [OM] Can't we all get along?
From: ruckfogers@xxxxxxxx (Brian E. Robinson)
Date: 5 Aug 98 22:02
>> I've watched the latest little bit of enviro bashing and counter
bashing with some amusement and some annoyance. It seems like some of us
(no names!) lose our civility when it comes to discussions of the
environment and the human impact on it. <<

You guys need to take some lessons from us Southern boys. Here's how we
do these things:

Get both parties together and get them roaring drunk at which point,
they shoot a completely uninvolved third party. They bury the body in a
conspicious place and, before leaving the scene, drop their wallets
nearby. Soon afterwards, one party will return to the scene and ask an
investigating officer if a wallet has been found. After being arrested,
the party will drift between 17 different versions of the story starting
with "I wasn't even there" to "The boy needed killin'". He will
eventually finger the other suspect and the arresting begins. The
families of the two assailants will meet in front of a mobile home and
the young men will begin fighting. At this point, the women will begin
"wrecking hairdo's and manicures" and the young men will become involved
with separating the ladies. The older men will sit in lawn chairs, drink
beer and discuss the sexual utility of a good bitchfight ("Tellerwhat
boys, I'm harder than Chinese arithmetic"). The case will go to trial.
The prosecutor will attempt to prove the guilt of the defendents while
the Defense attorney will try to confuse the jury into a state of
paralysis. At the end of three days, it will be determined that the
victim is indeed dead and the trial will go to the jury. After a few
hours, a juror will remember that he and one of the defendents "have the
same momma" and a mistrial will be declared. If no one speaks for the
victim, the court will decide the boy did indeed need killin' and the
case will be dropped.

--
PoSTeD 08/05/98 aT 22:02 PST uSiNG OUI Internet Mail 1.9 Beta 2
MY CReDeNTiaLS: "GoD HaTH CHoSeN THe FooLiSH THiNGS oF THe WoRLD To CoNFouND