[OM] Can't we all get along?

Subject: [OM] Can't we all get along?
From: "Matt Haber" <solstice@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:54:38 +0000
I've watched the latest little bit of enviro bashing and counter
bashing with some amusement and some annoyance.

It seems like some of us (no names!) lose our civility when it comes
to discussions of the environment and the human impact on it. That
and the fact that they (especially the most recent) are WAY off topic
(ie OM content at or near zero) suggest they really shouldn't be
happening, AT ALL on this list.

George <gma> is not going to convince me to stop hugging trees, and
I'm not going to convince him to stop driving his humvee all over
them. Even if that were going to happen, this list isn't the place
for it. I'd much rather find out about george's latest OM find (then
I can argue in person! <grin>).

Can we all agree to keep this kind of discussion off the list? I
would say this applies to your opinion of political leaders (whether
of the US, Japan, Peru, Zimbabwe, etc) and other volatile off OM
topics in general.

ok?

matt

Matt Haber