Re: [OM] [Q] black and white portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] [Q] black and white portrait
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 22:13:37 +0200
jocke1s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have just come back from four weeks of rainy
> vacation and not many pictures taken. (unfortunately)
>
> I am about to take som portraits or at least something
> similar to it. Gonna take cigarrsmoking pictures
> in black and white.
> I am thinking of using Tmax400 and 3200.
> Now my OM4Ti doesn't go to 3200 so how do I do this.
> With the fast film I am looking for very grainy pictures
> and my question is if I could set it to 1600 or if it
> would be better to use some other slower film ?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> regards
> Joakim Svensson

Hej Joakim,

Are you sure about that ISO dial? My OM4Ti can go to 3200. I have
never heard of 4Ti variants in that regard.

The only potential problem I see is that it is not possible to use
the compensation dial to underexpose at that setting. Not a major
loss, IMHO.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"