Re: [OM] [Q] black and white portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] [Q] black and white portrait
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:12:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 jocke1s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am thinking of using Tmax400 and 3200.
> Now my OM4Ti doesn't go to 3200 so how do I do this.

  You could "set" the meter at 3200 by setting it at 1600 and -1 on the
exposure compensation dial. But a bit of a warning. If you do not have
experience with this, shoot a test roll before going on the job. That
way you'll have some knowledge and confidence.

> With the fast film I am looking for very grainy pictures
> and my question is if I could set it to 1600 or if it
> would be better to use some other slower film ?
> Any advice would be appreciated.

  It might enhance grain to shoo it at 1600, but if you haven't done this
before and are familiar with the film/development/print quality, shoot
a test roll! Test, test, test...
                                     *= Doris Fang =*