Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?

Subject: Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?
From: rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:37:30 -0500
Mahlon, you lucky dog! A MONTH! I'm jealous. A few years ago I got a
trip to Perth - fell in love with that city and the people. I can't say
much about Melbourne other than do not eat the vegemite, and pack
carefully so you can be sure to carry your Oly gear aboard the plane.
Fly Quantas if you can (safest, most comfortable, best food). A
co-worker went to OZ recently and was not allowed as many carry-on bags
on the return flight as he was on the flight from LAX to Sydney. His
camera gear had to be checked, and it didn't arrive with him. He sweated
blood for a day till Delta found it. Also, remember the new X-ray
machines that ruin checked film.

Have a wonderful trip! Be sure to drink a Hahn Ice for me!

Neal      Rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx      Panama City, FL USA