Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?

Subject: Re: [OM] Gotta spend August in Melbourne... any tips?
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Jul 1998 07:58:14 +1000
mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> Hey, everyone.  Here's another lurker coming out of the wainscoting.
>
> My employer is considering sending me down to Melbourne for a month.  Can
> any of our subscribers in Oz (or anywhere else, for that matter) recommend
> places to go (weekend trips, and the like) to burn up some film?  I'm most
> likely going to pack an Olympus kit for landscape work, but I'm open to
> suggestions, naturally.

The lakes around the Grampians (good weekend trip).  (Watch out for
wildflowers, athough you may be a bit early).

Queenscliff and/or Portsea, and head out along the great ocean road...
(for some of australia's most photographed landscape).

Around the Dandenongs.   Healesville sanctuary if you're into zoo
shots.

I'd say avoid melbourne zoo if you are disturbed by animal
suffering---I know the staff there are trying hard, but the big game,
cats and primates are still in terribly cramped quarters.
Still, I reckon a trip might be worth it for the Meerkats.

cjb

p.s. August... Spend some of that money you've been saving for a
        300/2.8 on a good raincoat... :-)

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |